We are happy to customize our tours
and special requests are welcome!
If you can't find the trip you are looking for, don't hesitate to contact us!
+20 101 2040 364
Read more reviews and see some amazing photos from our travelers:
Cultural and Adventure Travel
+20 101 2040 364
More reviews here:
BUILD YOUR OWN TRIP
In the morning pick up from your hotel in Cairo and visit the Monastery of Saint Simon, also known as the Cave Church of Zabbaleen. It is located in the Mokattam Mountain, a short drive through the so called "Garbage City’ – a large population of garbage collectors or Zabbaleen that live there.
Several churches have been built into the caves found in Mokattam, First we visit, Saint Simon the Tanner Hall and St. Mark's Church. This huge cave was discovered in the year 1974. It was full of hundreds of tons of stones even up to the ceiling of the cave (which is 17 meters high from the ground), and was later prepared to contain two storeys:
1. The upper storey is the St. Simon the Tanner Hall, with seating capacity of 2000 people for spiritual meetings. The walls are decorated with many wonderful pictures engraved on the rocks representing scenarios from the Bible.
2. The lower storey is St. Mark's Church, which was named after St. Mark the first preacher in Egyptian heritage.
Then we continue and visit the Cathedral of Virgin Mary and St. Simon the Tanner. The church was constructed around in the form of quarter circle to accommodate a few thousands of people and it is the biggest church in the monastery. After the tour transfer back to your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel (central Cairo or central Giza)
- Transfers by private, air-conditioned car
- English speaking Egyptologist guide for the sights
- All taxes and service charge
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Guides in other languages are available on request.
- This tour runs every day.
- Pick up time: 8:00 or 9:00 am.
- BOOK IT NOW
- Or to make reservation, please send your request to us: email@example.com
40 USD / person
60 USD for single traveller